Personal Recount

Nerf War
By: Matias


Bullets whizzed past! PEW! PEW! Hiding behind a wall, I listened intently for any footsteps.
I was having a nerf war with my friends Visal and Oliver.


Visal’s house was quite big, So it was very suitable for hiding. PEW! PEW!
Two nerf bullets went flying past. There was Visal!
I shot a few bullets back, But I narrowly missed Visal.


Then I heard Visal say this out loud, “I’m out!” It must have been Oliver!
I remembered when we chose our nerf guns, Oliver chose a sniper rifle!
He must have shot Visal from afar. PEW! A bullet flew right past me.
I ducked for cover as Oliver fired a couple more shots at me. PEW! PEW!


I jumped out of my hiding place and let out a flurry of bullets. “I’m out!” I was very happy.
So we started a new round. I ran to my hiding spot like a wounded dog.
The game had started. PEW! PEW! Bullets were flying everywhere! Oliver went, “I’m out!”

Now it was just Visal and I. I ran outside and crouched behind a tree.
My heart was racing as fast as a formula one racing car. PEW! SNAP!
A bullet hit a tiny branch right next to me.
I ran out and released a barrage of bullets, but Visal ducked for cover.
He ran out of his hiding place and placed a well aimed shot that hit me right in the chest.
“I’m out!” Well, maybe next time.

Related imageImage result for nerf war


Image result for children nerf war

Comments